Making video and audio calls might be very difficult considering frequent drop calls and huge RAM usage in many commercial applications in the market. This is due to very fact that they are meant for commercial purposes and they come at a price. MicroSIP is an open source-based alternative with no bounds to such criterion and offers unparalleled performance. The international calls are not entirely free, but cheaper, however, the others are free. The interface is minimalist, but hides behind a lot of custom settings that might be necessary to some.
The first and the best feature is the least intrusive and resource free usage. The package in running condition requires less than 5 MB of RAM.
- The footprint is so small that is can actually focus on the important part of call quality.
The interface is minimally simple with dial pad and contacts and calls. This is the basic interface and also the default one. It allows video and voice calls at par with other programs because of its small footprint and compatibility with the best audio and video codes.
- The portability as an .ini file is also another good feature that needs no installation on behalf of the user.
- MicroSIP is compatible with video codecs like H.263+ and H.264 as well as SIMPLE messaging using RFC protocols.
- It aims the best audio quality with the balanced act between the best and the fastest codecs like speex@8, 16, 32kHz, G.711@8kHz (PCMU and PCMA), iLBC@8kHz, GSM@8kHz and many more.
- The priority for security is also essential with configurable privacy modes supporting TLS and SRTP standards.
- It is even stronger in compliance with SIP standards for quality and control.
The latest release confirms all the advanced tools supporting major networks and protocols used by them for optimum performance and free voice and video calls. It even supports more than two dozen of languages for worldwide usability. The MicroSIP Lite 3.10.9 weighs 2.7 MB and the elite version is 4.6MB in size. It is released under the GPL license, which makes it free to use and redistribute. The system is based on PJSIP and is compatible with all versions of Windows commencing from XP to Windows 10 ready.
It is one of the most trustworthy open source based program that works on par with a lot of famous commercial packages. Its simplicity and performance is the key selling point.
Changes on the new version:
- fixed dialing from command line
MicroSIP Reviews (Add your review!)
Add your review!
OS Support: Win7 x64, WinXP, WinVista, Win7 x32, Win8 x32, Win8 x64, Win10 x32, Win10 x64, Windows 8, Windows 10,
Hits: 1,161 visitors
Date added: 25 Nov 2015
Last Update: 10 Feb 2016